Monday, February 2, 2015

Challenge...Accepted

A few weeks ago at CrossFit they started advertising the Winter Nutrition Challenge. Now, I've done CrossFit nutrition challenges before and they are HARD! Seriously! You can actually eat a ton of food, but that food is mostly veggies, a little fruit, some lean meat, and a tiny bit of fat (avocado, coconut oil or almonds). NO sugar, NO carbs, NO legumes, NO sugar, NO dairy, and did I mention, NO sugar???

Anyhow, at first I was thinking NO WAY was I going to PAY someone else to torture me like that.

But it kept coming back to me that I needed to do this challenge. To show my support and solidarity for my CrossFit peeps, to reset my own eating (which has been a STRUGGLE for the past few months), and to prove...well...that I can step up to a Challenge.

So, here I am.

Day 1.

I spent time over the weekend prepping and planning for this. I have 5 salads prepped, ground turkey, chicken, and frozen steam-able bags of broccoli and green beans. I've got Brussell's Sprouts, onions and sweet potatoes ready to roast tonight, and I plan to stop by HEB tonight or tomorrow and grab some shrimp to cook up. I have planned carefully for this week, and after allowing myself one last hurrah of eating this weekend (hellooooo---Super Bowl Party), I am ready for this.

I'm sure I'll be whining and crying about how hard it is in a few days. Detox is a b!tch! Especially for a sugar-addict like me. But it's time to push my body to the next level.

Challenge...accepted!

No comments:

Post a Comment