Wednesday, February 11, 2015

If The Sock Fits...

So, today marks a first for me. In a year and a half of going to CrossFit, this is the first time I have ever attended workouts THREE DAYS IN A ROW!!!

Wahoo!

I usually space my CrossFit workouts throughout the week, generally going Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays. A few weeks ago, I decided that I wanted to supplement my workouts and get back into running on non-CrossFit days. I've been having a lot of issues with my left knee and foot, so I wanted to slowly ease back into things. Day after day I would tell myself tomorrow, you're going to get up at 5 am and start walking/jogging. And...day after day, I came up with an excuse not to go.

Ugh.  I can be my own worst enemy sometimes!

So, I was talking to Coach Pete about it, and he recommended that I go unlimited a our CrossFit box--meaning up my membership so I can attend as many classes as I want to each week (I was just going three times/week). At first I was hesitant. In addition to being more money, I just wasn't sure that my body was ready to handle more CrossFit classes!

But Pete had a good point. He said that by working out more at CrossFit, not only would I have a coach who could help me and push me when necessary, but I would have the support of the whole CF community behind me.

I thought about it and decided that Pete was right. So I took the plunge and upgraded my membership.

Today is only Wednesday, and I've already gone to CrossFit THREE TIMES this week!!!

Monday and today were traditional CrossFit WODS, and yesterday I went to the Olympic Lifting Class (Oly Lifting), so I can start working more on my form.

And...guess what.

I plan to go to Oly Lifting again tomorrow, and finish out my week with another traditional CrossFit WOD on Friday.

Eeeeee!

Now, here is the crazy part. I'm doing the Winter Nutrition Challenge, so I'm eating super clean and fueling my body with all the great nutrients that it needs to build muscle and burn fat.  I know this might sound dramatic, but I swear to you, I can actually FEEL MYSELF GETTING STRONGER!

Everyday.

I think I'll wear my BEAST MODE socks tomorrow, because, well, if the sock fits...




No comments:

Post a Comment